The Chinese Psychiatric Association de-listed homosexuality as a mental disorder in 2001, effectively de-legitimizing “conversion therapy,” but the pseudo-science of “correcting” people’s sexual...
by Joseph Brouwer | Oct 28, 2020
Although homosexuality was decriminalized in 1997 and delisted as a psychiatric disorder in 2001, the Chinese LGBTQ+ community continues to face discrimination and marginalization from both the Chinese state and Chinese society....
by Samuel Wade | Sep 11, 2014
South China Morning Post’s Laura Zhou and The New York Times’ Amy Qin report...
by Liu Yong | Apr 16, 2008
From Xinhua: Ying Ning, the 33-year-old Tianjin man who became a woman through transsexual operations, got a new Chinese ID card as a female on Tuesday. “I am so excited to receive it after a month-long wait,” said...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods