At the South China Morning Post, Kristin Huang reports that some Chinese foreign policy experts...
Turkestan Islamic Party
by Cindy | Jul 20, 2016
Chinese authorities have long claimed that the Islamic State is actively recruiting Muslim Uyghurs...
by Josh Rudolph | Nov 20, 2015
Earlier this week, Radio Free Asia reported that police in Xinjiang had killed 17...
by Josh Rudolph | Dec 15, 2014
In effort to shore up global support for the controversial crackdown on terrorism in Xinjiang,...
by Josh Rudolph | May 15, 2014
Reuters reports that the Turkestan Islamic Party (TIP), also known as the East Turkestan Islamic...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China