Guangzhou hosted 800 legal professionals from 57 countries at the Global Lawyers Forum this week. The event partly coincided with International Human Rights Day on Tuesday, which the E.U. delegation to China marked by...
World Internet Conference
by Josh Rudolph | Nov 7, 2018
The following propaganda instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Samuel Wade | Dec 4, 2017
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Anne Henochowicz | Dec 9, 2015
The second World Internet Conference begins next week in the picturesque canal city of...
CDT in the News
- FT – Chinese censors take aim at former premier Wen Jiabao’s essay
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers