A week of legal proceedings against the New Citizens’ Movement rights and anti-corruption...
Xu Zhiyong trial 2014
by Samuel Wade | Feb 4, 2014
At China Real Time, Stanley Lubman comments that the recent trials of Xu Zhiyong and other New...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 30, 2014
New Citizens’ Movement members Hou Xin and Yuan Dong were convicted on Wednesday, days after...
by Josh Rudolph | Jan 22, 2014
Civil rights activist and New Citizens’ Movement founder Xu Zhiyong was detained in July and...
by Sophie Beach | Jan 19, 2014
Lawyer Xu Zhiyong and a number of activists associated with his New Citizens Movement are slated...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China