This series is a month-by-month recap of censorship instructions issued to the media by government...
by Josh Rudolph | Nov 20, 2018
Peking University graduate Sun Min was one of the 16 student and labor activists detained by...
by lisbeth | Oct 22, 2018
The Cyberspace Administration of China has released draft regulations—since translated by Asia...
by Samuel Wade | May 1, 2018
The 1998 suicide of Peking University student Gao Yan after her alleged rape by a professor has...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”