This series is a month-by-month recap of censorship instructions issued to the media by government...
by Josh Rudolph | Nov 20, 2018
Peking University graduate Sun Min was one of the 16 student and labor activists detained by...
by lisbeth | Oct 22, 2018
The Cyberspace Administration of China has released draft regulations—since translated by Asia...
by Samuel Wade | May 1, 2018
The 1998 suicide of Peking University student Gao Yan after her alleged rape by a professor has...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods