Sensitive Words: Tiananmen (2) (Update)
Update: See below the original post.
- Muxidi (木樨地): A location in Beijing’s Xicheng district and site of some of the bloodiest military force against protesters.
- Gongzhufen (公主坟): transportation hub in Beijing and site of military violence against protesters.
- Shanghai Composite Index (上证指数): The Shanghai stock exchange fell 64.89 points on June 4, a figure that looks like the date of the Tiananmen Massacre (6/4/89). The index also opened yesterday at 2346.98–the same date backwards, preceded by the number of years since the crackdown (23).
- stock market (股市)
Netizens using Chinese characters for visual effect have also been thwarted:
- 占占人: a man (人) in front of two tanks (占)
- 占占占人: a man in front of three tanks
- 占占占占人 占占占点 占占点占 占点占占 点占占占 灬占占占占
The six groups of characters depict a man being crushed under four tanks. This string is also blocked on Sina Weibo.
- massacre in Beijing (北京屠城)
- Shanghai Composite (上证)
- index (指数)
- closing quotation [in stock market] (收盘)
- fall [of price] (下跌)