October 14, 2014 4:47 PM
2008 Sichuan earthquake Beijing blogs Bo Xilai CCP censorship China's rise climate change corruption Dalai Lama diplomacy Directives from the Ministry of Truth economic growth food safety Hu Jintao Internet censorship Internet control Japan media censorship migrant workers Ministry of Truth photos press freedom propaganda protests Shanghai sina weibo Tibet U.S. relations United States Uyghurs wealth gap weibo Xi Jinping Xinjiang
January 6, 2010 9:45 PM
In a post for ChinaFile, modern Chinese historian Joseph W. Esherick describes his experience preparing a Chinese-language edition of his book
Amid the Xi administration’s continuing efforts to promote ideological orthodoxy, the New York Times reports that three of China’s
September 2, 2014 7:31 PM
As Beijing works to fortify control of popular and new media with fresh regulations, Shanghai-based historian Maura Cunningham writes about
August 19, 2014 5:26 PM
- Five Pounds of Facts on Chinese History
- Bloomberg Under Continued Fire Over Self-Cens...
- Scientific Research Looks Good on Paper
- The True Cost of Becoming an Academician
- Ministry of Truth: Controversy Over New Zheji...
- Self-Censorship, Academia, and Beijing’...
- Chinese Dreaming in the Ivory Tower
- Mark Lilla: Reading Strauss in Beijing
- Rampant Fraud Threat to China’s Brisk Ascent
- Get Ready for China’s Domination of Sci...
- Publish or Perish in China
- China Targets an Academic Culture of Cut-and-...