October 13, 2014 11:45 PM
2008 Sichuan earthquake Beijing blogs Bo Xilai CCP censorship China's rise corruption Dalai Lama democracy diplomacy Directives from the Ministry of Truth economic growth food safety Hu Jintao Internet censorship Internet control Japan media censorship migrant workers Ministry of Truth photos press freedom propaganda protests Shanghai sina weibo Tibet U.S. relations United States Uyghurs wealth gap weibo Xi Jinping Xinjiang
Reuters’ Sui-Lee Wee and Megha Rajagopalan report that the State Administration for Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television has banned
China Rural Library, a grass-roots non-profit group promoting literacy and education in China’s countryside, has ceased operation
September 22, 2014 6:37 PM
In The New Emperors: Power and the Princelings in China, the University of Sydney’s Kerry Brown offers insight into the lives and thinking
June 30, 2014 6:14 PM
- Chan Koonchung: Five Stereotypes of Tibet
- Mainland Censorship: Authors Cut Their Losses
- Translators Leave China Lost for Words
- 274 Quotes From Xi Jinping
- Q&A With Evan Osnos on New Book ‘A...
- Evan Osnos On Not Publishing His Book In Chin...
- Feeling Like Holden Caulfield in China
- On Yiyun Li’s New Novel Kinder Than...
- Christianity and Chinese Exceptionalism
- ChinaFile Interview with Yu Hua
- CDT Bookshelf: Interview with Tom Carter
- Mo Yan and the Gray Areas of Self-Expression
- Literary Couple Share Power of the Pen
- CDT Bookshelf: Interview with Bookmaker Colet...
- Daughter of Lucian Pye on the China of Her Mi...
- Chinese E-Literature Needs Archiving
- Five Pounds of Facts on Chinese History
- China’s Subtle, Unpredictable Censorshi...