September 22, 2014 6:37 PM
book reviews books CCP censorship china books contemporary artists corruption cultural censorship digital books dissidents education Evan Osnos exporting censorship factory workers fiction film five books freedom of expression history inequality Internet culture interview journalism June 4th Li Chengpeng literacy literature Liu Xiaobo Mao Zedong materialism media censorship memoirs mo yan nationalism newspapers Nobel Prize novels online literature peter hessler photography PRC history prisoners propaganda publications publishing ruling elites Translation writers Xi Jinping yu hua
China Rural Library, a grass-roots non-profit group promoting literacy and education in China’s countryside, has ceased operation
In The New Emperors: Power and the Princelings in China, the University of Sydney’s Kerry Brown offers insight into the lives and thinking
June 30, 2014 6:14 PM
The Fat Years author Chan Koonchung’s latest novel, The Unbearable Dreamworld of Champa the Driver, fulfills his longstanding ambition
June 27, 2014 2:30 AM
- Mainland Censorship: Authors Cut Their Losses
- Translators Leave China Lost for Words
- 274 Quotes From Xi Jinping
- Q&A With Evan Osnos on New Book ‘A...
- Evan Osnos On Not Publishing His Book In Chin...
- Feeling Like Holden Caulfield in China
- On Yiyun Li’s New Novel Kinder Than...
- Christianity and Chinese Exceptionalism
- ChinaFile Interview with Yu Hua
- CDT Bookshelf: Interview with Tom Carter
- Mo Yan and the Gray Areas of Self-Expression
- Literary Couple Share Power of the Pen
- CDT Bookshelf: Interview with Bookmaker Colet...
- Daughter of Lucian Pye on the China of Her Mi...
- Chinese E-Literature Needs Archiving
- Five Pounds of Facts on Chinese History
- China’s Subtle, Unpredictable Censorshi...
- Say Zaijian To Nine China Myths