June 30, 2014 6:14 PM
2008 Sichuan earthquake artists book reviews books CCP censorship Chengdu Chen Guangcheng china books Chinese history contemporary artists corruption cultural censorship dissidents Evan Osnos exporting censorship factory workers fiction film five books history inequality Internet culture interview Li Chengpeng literature Liu Xiaobo Mao Zedong materialism media censorship memoirs mo yan newspapers Nobel Prize novels online literature photography prisoners propaganda publications publishing ruling elites self-censorship Translation United States weibo writers Xi Jinping yu hua Zhu Rongji
In The New Emperors: Power and the Princelings in China, the University of Sydney’s Kerry Brown offers insight into the lives and thinking
The Fat Years author Chan Koonchung’s latest novel, The Unbearable Dreamworld of Champa the Driver, fulfills his longstanding ambition
June 27, 2014 2:30 AM
At The South China Morning Post, Dinah Gardiner talks to writers and publishers—including Evan Osnos, Peter Hessler, Ezra Vogel, and
June 10, 2014 4:13 PM
- Translators Leave China Lost for Words
- 274 Quotes From Xi Jinping
- Q&A With Evan Osnos on New Book ‘A...
- Evan Osnos On Not Publishing His Book In Chin...
- Feeling Like Holden Caulfield in China
- On Yiyun Li’s New Novel Kinder Than...
- Christianity and Chinese Exceptionalism
- ChinaFile Interview with Yu Hua
- CDT Bookshelf: Interview with Tom Carter
- Mo Yan and the Gray Areas of Self-Expression
- Literary Couple Share Power of the Pen
- CDT Bookshelf: Interview with Bookmaker Colet...
- Daughter of Lucian Pye on the China of Her Mi...
- Chinese E-Literature Needs Archiving
- Five Pounds of Facts on Chinese History
- China’s Subtle, Unpredictable Censorshi...
- Say Zaijian To Nine China Myths
- Jung Chang Commends Empress Dowager In New Bo...