April 15, 2014 6:11 PM
abortion activists adoption aging AIDS anti-vulgarity campaign beauty standard bicycles birth control birth rate birth ratio blogging book reviews books CASS demographics discrimination documentaries economic slowdown education expatriates family family planning fashion industry feminism foreigners foreigners in China gender Gender discrimination gender equality gender imbalance gender roles gender selection Harbin housing boom Hu Jia human trafficking India leftover women marriage matchmaking one-child policy online dating population pregnancy real estate market wealth gap weddings women women's rights
April 23, 2012 11:41 AM
In an interview with Shanghaiist, Leta Hong Fincher discusses the way China’s real estate boom has shortchanged women, the main focus
The South China Morning Post reports on Shanghai singles’ efforts to ensure that no lovestruck couples could sit side-by-side at the Valentine’s
February 13, 2014 12:47 PM
Originally from San Francisco, photographer and explorer Tom Carter spent two years backpacking 35,000 miles across all 33 Chinese provinces
February 13, 2014 2:23 AM
- Sex-Selective Abortion Gang Broken Up
- Eight Women Speak Out Against Gendered Job Ad...
- A Place Where Capitalism and Hedonism Meet
- China’s Gender Imbalance and the Real E...
- China’s Hard Long Slog
- What is Real Beauty in China?
- Author Addresses China’s “Leftove...
- Teaching “Leftover Women” to Find...
- An Interview with Zeng Jinyan
- Rejecting the “Leftover Women” La...
- China’s Biggest Problem? Too Many Men
- Fallout From The One-Child Policy
- Two-Child Policy?
- Northern Girls: Interviews with Author Sheng ...
- In China, Women Lag Behind Politically
- Escaping the Rat Race: An Emerging Counter-Cu...
- Bachelor Padding
- Missing Out on a Real Estate Boom