December 18, 2014 12:44 PM
activists aging blogs book reviews books Chen Guangcheng consumerism corruption crime demographics documentaries economic slowdown education family planning forced abortions foreigners in China gender imbalance Harbin harmonious society HIV/AIDS Hu Jia hukou human trafficking India inflation Internet culture Japan job market literature marriage one-child policy photography pollution population prostitution protest real estate rural development sex sina weibo urban rural divide Vietnam water shortage wealth gap weibo women women's rights writers youth culture Zhejiang
June 14, 2012 2:29 PM
China currently has a gender ratio of 117 men to 100 women, leading men in rural areas of China to find brides from Vietnam and other countries in southeast
In an interview with Shanghaiist, Leta Hong Fincher discusses the way China’s real estate boom has shortchanged women, the main focus
April 15, 2014 6:11 PM
The South China Morning Post reports on Shanghai singles’ efforts to ensure that no lovestruck couples could sit side-by-side at the Valentine’s
February 13, 2014 12:47 PM
- CDT Bookshelf: Interview with Tom Carter
- Sex-Selective Abortion Gang Broken Up
- Eight Women Speak Out Against Gendered Job Ad...
- A Place Where Capitalism and Hedonism Meet
- China’s Gender Imbalance and the Real E...
- China’s Hard Long Slog
- What is Real Beauty in China?
- Author Addresses China’s “Leftove...
- Teaching “Leftover Women” to Find...
- An Interview with Zeng Jinyan
- The Children of China
- Rejecting the “Leftover Women” La...
- China’s Biggest Problem? Too Many Men
- Fallout From The One-Child Policy
- Two-Child Policy?
- Northern Girls: Interviews with Author Sheng ...
- In China, Women Lag Behind Politically
- Escaping the Rat Race: An Emerging Counter-Cu...