April 15, 2014 6:11 PM
abortion activists adoption aging AIDS anti-vulgarity campaign beauty standard bicycles birth control birth rate birth ratio blogging book reviews books bookshelf Q&A crime demographics diabetes discrimination documentaries economic slowdown education elementary school students essays expatriates family family planning fashion industry feminism forced abortions foreigners foreigners in China gender Gender discrimination gender equality gender imbalance gender roles Harbin harmonious society Harriet Xu household registration housing boom Hu Jia hukou human trafficking India inflation Japan job market jobs
June 14, 2012 2:29 PM
In an interview with Shanghaiist, Leta Hong Fincher discusses the way China’s real estate boom has shortchanged women, the main focus
The South China Morning Post reports on Shanghai singles’ efforts to ensure that no lovestruck couples could sit side-by-side at the Valentine’s
February 13, 2014 12:47 PM
Originally from San Francisco, photographer and explorer Tom Carter spent two years backpacking 35,000 miles across all 33 Chinese provinces
February 13, 2014 2:23 AM
- Sex-Selective Abortion Gang Broken Up
- Eight Women Speak Out Against Gendered Job Ad...
- A Place Where Capitalism and Hedonism Meet
- China’s Gender Imbalance and the Real E...
- China’s Hard Long Slog
- What is Real Beauty in China?
- Author Addresses China’s “Leftove...
- Teaching “Leftover Women” to Find...
- An Interview with Zeng Jinyan
- The Children of China
- Rejecting the “Leftover Women” La...
- China’s Biggest Problem? Too Many Men
- Fallout From The One-Child Policy
- Two-Child Policy?
- Northern Girls: Interviews with Author Sheng ...
- In China, Women Lag Behind Politically
- Escaping the Rat Race: An Emerging Counter-Cu...
- Bachelor Padding