As we get ready to welcome 2015, we reflect back on the year past by revisiting our most popular posts of 2014. Five of the top 10 posts were Directives from the Ministry of Truth, while the others reflect both some of the hottest news stories of the year as well as popular content from years past, including a 2009 New York Times story about the Tank Man of Tiananmen Square that has been a top ten favorite on CDT for four years running. In 2014, we also published two new eBooks and launched our free iOS app.
Thank you all for your continued support of CDT and we look forward to seeing what China has in store for us in 2015. Happy New Year!
Top Ten Posts on CDT in 2014:
10. Minitrue: China Ranks 175th in Press Freedom Index, February 12, 2014
9. Minitrue: Crimea Votes to Join Russia, March 17, 2014
8. Minitrue: Chow Yun-fat Banned from Mainland, October 28, 2014
7. Behind the Scenes: Tank Man of Tiananmen, June 3, 2009
6. Is Cantonese a Dialect or a Language?, February 18, 2014
5. Word of the Week: Monkey-snake, November 13, 2013
4. CDT Bookshelf: Interview with Tom Carter, February 13, 2014
3. Video: China Sex Workers – Current.com, November 16, 2007
2. Minitrue: Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370, March 9, 2014
1. Minitrue: Delete Harmful Information on Hong Kong, September 28, 2014
["Share and Share Alike, by Badiucao for CDT]
To receive CDT content via our daily email newsletter, please subscribe here, and also remember to follow us on our social media channels. Please also support CDT by purchasing our line of t-shirts, mugs, iPhone cases, and other items with unique designs by Badiucao and Hexie Farm. You may also make a financial contribution to CDT simply by using Amazon Smile when you shop on Amazon. We are grateful for your support.