Once again, the world did not suffer a shortage of news coming out of China in 2015. CDT has compiled our annual list of Top Ten Posts, or the posts that were most viewed in the past year. As usual, Directives from the Ministry of Truth had a strong showing, as did stories about prospects for China’s future, Internet censorship, and environmental concerns. For those who missed it, our most popular post—a translation of an essay by journalist He Xiaoxin about the Tianjin explosion—is a powerful and worthwhile read.
Thank you for reading CDT, and we wish everyone a happy and prosperous New Year:
CDT’s Top Ten Posts of 2015
10. Minitrue: Keep Reporting on Bright Economic Future
9. Great Firewall: “Upgrading for Cyberspace Sovereignty”
8. CDT’s 2014 Yearbook Now Available in PDF
7. Minitrue: Media Directives on Tianjin Port Explosions
6. 103 Famous Faces in One Painting (from 2009)
5. David Shambaugh: “The Endgame of Communist Rule Has Begun”
4. Chai Jing: “Under the Dome”
3. “Great Cannon” Identified Behind GreatFire Attacks
2. China Gender Imbalance ‘Most Serious’ in the World
1. He Xiaoxin: How Far Can I Go? How Much Can I Do?
In the New Year, don’t miss out on any CDT:
- Subscribe to our daily email newsletter
- Or get weekly email round-ups of our top stories
- Follow us on our social media channels, including Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr.
- Download our free iOS app.
- Read Chinese? Don’t miss daily updates from our Chinese site.
- Please also support CDT by purchasing t-shirts, iPhone cases, and other items with unique designs by Badiucao and Hexie Farm.
- You may also make a financial contribution to CDT simply by using Amazon Smile when you shop on Amazon or by making a contribution directly via PayPal. We are grateful for your support.