A Taliban spokesperson’s claim that China is a “friend” incited an online furore after nationalist Chinese media figures shared the statement approvingly. “We have been to China many times and we have good relations with them,”...
by Josh Rudolph | Nov 20, 2015
Earlier this week, Radio Free Asia reported that police in Xinjiang had killed 17...
by Josh Rudolph | May 26, 2015
Since 2012, China has been slowly but steadily increasing diplomatic engagement with Afghanistan—a...
by Josh Rudolph | Oct 28, 2014
Newly elected Afghan president Ashraf Ghani arrived in Beijing today, where he was welcomed by Xi...
by Josh Rudolph | Mar 18, 2014
After the deadly Kunming train station attack on March 1 highlighted growing tensions between the...
CDT in the News
- Human Rights Watch – Chinese Cyber Legend Vanishes, Raising Concerns
- PRI The World – Front row seat at China’s 100th anniversary celebrations
- Mind Matters – Chinese Communist Party: 100 Years of Erasing, Rewriting History
- The Jamestown Foundation – The 2021 Party History Study Campaign Stresses Revolution and Sacrifice
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’