A leading China studies professor from the University of Technology Sydney has been barred by...
by Josh Rudolph | Jul 30, 2014
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 14, 2013
South China Morning Post’s Patrick Boehler reports the sentencing of petitioner Ji Zhongxing to six years in prison for causing an explosion at Beijing International Airport in July. The wheelchair-bound petitioner was...
by Samuel Wade | Sep 14, 2013
The Telegraph’s Malcolm Moore visits the world’s largest building, Chengdu’s New...
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 4, 2013
China’s 12th Five Year Plan (2011-2015) has identified infrastructure development as essential for maintaining economic growth, and under it local governments will be footing the bill for airport renovations, expansions...
by Sophia Cao | Jul 5, 2007
From China Daily: Pang Yuliang, an entrepreneur from Central China’s Henan Province and chairman of LinkGlobal Logistics Co, said yesterday he would officially acquire the Parchim Airport in northern Germany at a cost of 1 billion yuan (US$130 million) on July 5, making himself the first Chinese to buy a European airport. Pang and the […]
by Jing Luo | Apr 30, 2007
From China Daily: Passengers taking international flights from the Beijing Capital International Airport during the May Day holiday should arrive at the airport at least 2 hours before departure because of extended security checks. A new rule starts today, limiting passengers to carrying no more than 1 liter of liquid in their hand luggage. The […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods