At ChinaFile, a range of scholars and other observers discuss the racist critiques directed at...
Ambassador to China
by Natalie Ornell | Feb 28, 2014
The New York Times’ Michael Forsythe reports on departing United States ambassador Gary F....
by Josh Rudolph | Feb 26, 2014
Reuters reports on outgoing U.S. Ambassador to China Gary Locke’s farewell speech, delivered...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 28, 2014
Gary Locke’s likely successor as U.S. ambassador to China, Senator Max Baucus, faced a...
by Samuel Wade | Dec 19, 2013
News came on Wednesday of Max Baucus’ selection—pending senate approval—to succeed departing...
by cdtstaff | Mar 9, 2011
President Obama has nominated former Governor of Washington and current Commerce Secretary Mr. Gary Locke to replace Ambassador Jon Huntsman as Ambassador to China. Locke, a third generation Chinese-American, will become the...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms