At the South China Morning Post, Andrea Chen reports that hundreds of young men living in the...
by Anne Henochowicz | May 16, 2013
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been leaked and distributed online. Central Propaganda Department: Without exception, do not report or comment on [information] about...
by Xiao Qiang | Dec 26, 2008
Barbara Demick reports for the LA Times, from Dongguan, China: Growing up in the Chinese countryside with only an elementary school education, Yang Yanjun had never heard of Christmas until she landed a job painting pink-cheeked...
by Paulina Hartono | Dec 19, 2008
The Jianrong Suitcase Factory in Dongguan, Guangdong closed without warning, and gave its workers only 60% of promised October-December wages. William Foreman of the Associated Press reports on the ensuing riot: On Friday...
CDT in the News
- PBS Newshour – Examining the human toll of China’s stringent COVID policy
- Mind Matters – Peng Shuai Backtracks Her Accusations
- Global Times – Western media, anti-China forces use MeToo movement to incite gender antagonism: expert
- WSJ – China Fines Weibo for Spreading ‘Illegal Information’
- The Guardian – China’s troll king: how a tabloid editor became the voice of Chinese nationalism