China’s National Health and Family Planning Commission announced on Wednesday that the...
by Sophie Beach | Dec 18, 2014
China currently has a gender ratio of 117 men to 100 women, leading men in rural areas of China to...
by Josh Rudolph | Feb 13, 2014
The South China Morning Post reports on Shanghai singles’ efforts to ensure that no...
by Sophie Beach | Sep 18, 2013
An article on Quartz looks at how the one-child policy, and accompanying gender imbalance, is...
by Josh Rudolph | Jul 5, 2013
At Daily Life, Monica Tan tells of her experience alongside scores of China’s “leftover women” (剩女)—the ranks of successful women in China who choose to remain single amid societal pressure and a skewed sex...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods