China’s National Health and Family Planning Commission announced on Wednesday that the...
by Sophie Beach | Dec 18, 2014
China currently has a gender ratio of 117 men to 100 women, leading men in rural areas of China to...
by Josh Rudolph | Feb 13, 2014
The South China Morning Post reports on Shanghai singles’ efforts to ensure that no...
by Sophie Beach | Sep 18, 2013
An article on Quartz looks at how the one-child policy, and accompanying gender imbalance, is...
by Josh Rudolph | Jul 5, 2013
At Daily Life, Monica Tan tells of her experience alongside scores of China’s “leftover women” (剩女)—the ranks of successful women in China who choose to remain single amid societal pressure and a skewed sex...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China