This year marks the 30th anniversary of the nationwide, student-led democracy movement in China,...
by Samuel Wade | Mar 6, 2015
At The Wall Street Journal, noted China scholar David Shambaugh writes that “the endgame of...
by samuel wade | Aug 17, 2011
In an interview with The Guardian, former Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev discusses what he sees as the inevitability of political reform in China, as well as the fall of the USSR and his views on his successors. As the...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods