This year marks the 30th anniversary of the nationwide, student-led democracy movement in China,...
by Samuel Wade | Mar 6, 2015
At The Wall Street Journal, noted China scholar David Shambaugh writes that “the endgame of...
by samuel wade | Aug 17, 2011
In an interview with The Guardian, former Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev discusses what he sees as the inevitability of political reform in China, as well as the fall of the USSR and his views on his successors. As the...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms