In recent months, China has come under fire from the European Commission, among others, for promoting disinformation about the origins and spread of the coronavirus. The campaign appears to mark a shift in Beijing’s...
by Sophie Beach | Jun 17, 2020
Since the COVID-19 pandemic erupted in Wuhan in January before spreading around the world, the Chinese government has increasingly utilized foreign social media networks—including several that are blocked in China—to spread its...
by Josh Rudolph | Dec 27, 2018
Ma Jian, China’s former vice minister of state security, has been sentenced to life in...
by lisbeth | Nov 21, 2018
Billionaire fugitive tycoon Guo Wengui and President Donald Trump’s former chief strategist Steve...
by Sophie Beach | Feb 2, 2018
After going on a major overseas spending spree in recent years, China’s HNA Group is now facing a...
by Josh Rudolph | Sep 25, 2017
CDT cannot verify any information presented by Guo Wengui. In another video message over the...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods