After author Murong Xuecun issued a “statement of surrender” to Chinese authorities...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 6, 2014
The passing of Wednesday’s Tiananmen anniversary has brought apparent resolution to the...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 5, 2014
The weeks leading up to the 25th anniversary of the 1989 Tiananmen crackdown on Wednesday were marked by an unprecedented campaign of detentions, house arrests, forced or restricted travel, intimidation and surveillance. Those...
by Samuel Wade | May 23, 2014
Detentions and other restrictions continue as the 25th anniversary of the 1989 Tiananmen crackdown...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods