After author Murong Xuecun issued a “statement of surrender” to Chinese authorities...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 6, 2014
The passing of Wednesday’s Tiananmen anniversary has brought apparent resolution to the...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 5, 2014
The weeks leading up to the 25th anniversary of the 1989 Tiananmen crackdown on Wednesday were marked by an unprecedented campaign of detentions, house arrests, forced or restricted travel, intimidation and surveillance. Those...
by Samuel Wade | May 23, 2014
Detentions and other restrictions continue as the 25th anniversary of the 1989 Tiananmen crackdown...
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions