The State Council has released new guidelines directing local governments to allow migrants from...
by Josh Rudolph | Mar 26, 2014
China’s leadership has put much energy into renewed urbanization efforts that will have 60...
by Samuel Wade | Nov 16, 2013
On Friday, Beijing released the 20-page, 60-point ‘CCP Central Committee Resolution...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 13, 2013
The Party’s looming Third Plenum is expected to lay out a roadmap of the government’s...
by Anne Henochowicz | Jul 17, 2013
The Word of the Week comes from China Digital Space’s Grass-Mud Horse Lexicon, a glossary of terms created by Chinese netizens and frequently encountered in online political discussions. These are the words of China’s online...
by Little Bluegill | Feb 25, 2013
After a child in Shanghai received detention at school for failing to turn in a notice for a health insurance program his or her family did not qualify for, one of the child’s parents turned to the Internet to vent...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods