Emerging details of Hong Kong’s impending National Security Law have fueled concern over its unprecedented encroachment on the territory’s political and legal autonomy, despite what NYU’s Jerome Cohen describes...
by Josh Rudolph | Aug 14, 2018
Andy Chan Ho-tin—a Hong Kong independence advocate and convener of the pro-independence Hong Kong...
by Josh Rudolph | Jan 27, 2016
As more than 4,000 young Chinese Internet users were gearing up for a mostly...
by Samuel Wade | Nov 29, 2012
Dharamsala-based Phayul.com reports that the 88th and 89th Tibetan self-immolations since 2009 took place on Wednesday and Thursday respectively, bringing the total for November to 27. Sources have identified the Tibetan man as...
by Michael Zhao | May 29, 2006
From Migratory Fool’s blog (link): This is a line chart illustrating Taiwanese opinions on independece/unification/status quo.
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods