Emerging details of Hong Kong’s impending National Security Law have fueled concern over its unprecedented encroachment on the territory’s political and legal autonomy, despite what NYU’s Jerome Cohen describes...
by Josh Rudolph | Aug 14, 2018
Andy Chan Ho-tin—a Hong Kong independence advocate and convener of the pro-independence Hong Kong...
by Josh Rudolph | Jan 27, 2016
As more than 4,000 young Chinese Internet users were gearing up for a mostly...
by Samuel Wade | Nov 29, 2012
Dharamsala-based Phayul.com reports that the 88th and 89th Tibetan self-immolations since 2009 took place on Wednesday and Thursday respectively, bringing the total for November to 27. Sources have identified the Tibetan man as...
by Michael Zhao | May 29, 2006
From Migratory Fool’s blog (link): This is a line chart illustrating Taiwanese opinions on independece/unification/status quo.
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”