Hong Kong Chief Executive Carrie Lam is facing calls to step down over her handling of an...
by Samuel Wade | Sep 7, 2018
Last weekend, Kunshan police issued a formal statement regarding the death of Liu Hailong, who got...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 6, 2017
Reuters’ Christian Shepherd reports that rights lawyer Jiang Tianyong was arrested last week...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 30, 2016
People’s Daily Online reports the arrest of two police officers over the death of Lei Yang,...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 22, 2015
At People’s Daily Online, Luxiao Zou reports anger over the promotion of two judges who...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 21, 2013
Following state media reports that a decision on Bo Xilai’s appeal will be announced on...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms