A longstanding regulation that prohibits single women from freezing their eggs gained renewed...
by Sophie Beach | Feb 22, 2015
In the New York Times, Didi Kirsten Tatlow and Michael Forsythe report on a regressive attitude...
by Josh Rudolph | Jul 5, 2013
At Daily Life, Monica Tan tells of her experience alongside scores of China’s “leftover women” (剩女)—the ranks of successful women in China who choose to remain single amid societal pressure and a skewed sex...
by Sophie Beach | Jan 23, 2013
Al Jazeera’s The Stream reported today on a global trend toward women marrying later and advancing their own education and careers before creating a family. The show focuses on India and China, where, as Leta Hong Fincher...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China