This week, China announced a decision to begin liberalizing a millennia-old state monopoly on the...
by Samuel Wade | Sep 17, 2014
Human Rights Watch’s China Director Sophie Richardson writes at The Globe and Mail that with...
by Cindy | Sep 16, 2014
Despite the Chinese state’s vigorous control of Internet use within its borders, its large...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 5, 2014
Reuters’ Jim Finkle notes China’s exclusion of American Symantec and Russian Kaspersky...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 29, 2014
Microsoft appears to have attracted the attention of Chinese business regulators, soon after the...
by Liu Yong | Aug 13, 2009
From Reuters: Draft anti-monopoly rules issued by China propose restrictions on price agreements that could apply to deals reached by foreign companies beyond the country’s borders, potentially in mining and other sectors....
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms