This week, China announced a decision to begin liberalizing a millennia-old state monopoly on the...
by Samuel Wade | Sep 17, 2014
Human Rights Watch’s China Director Sophie Richardson writes at The Globe and Mail that with...
by Cindy | Sep 16, 2014
Despite the Chinese state’s vigorous control of Internet use within its borders, its large...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 5, 2014
Reuters’ Jim Finkle notes China’s exclusion of American Symantec and Russian Kaspersky...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 29, 2014
Microsoft appears to have attracted the attention of Chinese business regulators, soon after the...
by Liu Yong | Aug 13, 2009
From Reuters: Draft anti-monopoly rules issued by China propose restrictions on price agreements that could apply to deals reached by foreign companies beyond the country’s borders, potentially in mining and other sectors....
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods