At Marketplace, Rob Schmitz reports police obstruction and intimidation in Chengdu, where he was...
by Samuel Wade | Sep 4, 2013
Challenging recent claims in the South China Morning Post, Reuters reports that former security...
by Mo Ming | Dec 26, 2006
From Reuters: A tycoon who heads China’s largest private oil group has been detained on suspicion of embezzling 1 billion yuan ($127.9 million) in private and government funds, media reported on Tuesday. Gong Jialong, chairman of the Tianfa Group, owner of listed Tianfa Petroleum Co. Ltd. and head of the two-year-old China Chamber of Commerce […]
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”