At Marketplace, Rob Schmitz reports police obstruction and intimidation in Chengdu, where he was...
by Samuel Wade | Sep 4, 2013
Challenging recent claims in the South China Morning Post, Reuters reports that former security...
by Mo Ming | Dec 26, 2006
From Reuters: A tycoon who heads China’s largest private oil group has been detained on suspicion of embezzling 1 billion yuan ($127.9 million) in private and government funds, media reported on Tuesday. Gong Jialong, chairman of the Tianfa Group, owner of listed Tianfa Petroleum Co. Ltd. and head of the two-year-old China Chamber of Commerce […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods