At Marketplace, Rob Schmitz reports police obstruction and intimidation in Chengdu, where he was...
by Samuel Wade | Sep 4, 2013
Challenging recent claims in the South China Morning Post, Reuters reports that former security...
by Mo Ming | Dec 26, 2006
From Reuters: A tycoon who heads China’s largest private oil group has been detained on suspicion of embezzling 1 billion yuan ($127.9 million) in private and government funds, media reported on Tuesday. Gong Jialong, chairman of the Tianfa Group, owner of listed Tianfa Petroleum Co. Ltd. and head of the two-year-old China Chamber of Commerce […]
CDT in the News
- Human Rights Watch – Chinese Cyber Legend Vanishes, Raising Concerns
- PRI The World – Front row seat at China’s 100th anniversary celebrations
- Mind Matters – Chinese Communist Party: 100 Years of Erasing, Rewriting History
- The Jamestown Foundation – The 2021 Party History Study Campaign Stresses Revolution and Sacrifice
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’