A campaign of repression against Islam is underway in Muslim-majority areas across China. While the construction of mass internment camps seemingly remains unique to Xinjiang, two new reports by The Los Angeles Times and...
by Josh Rudolph | Feb 13, 2020
Dr. Li Wenliang, one of the first people to sound the alarm on the novel coronavirus in Wuhan, was officially admonished by authorities for “spreading rumors” about the disease. Later his case was used by state media as a...
by Josh Rudolph | Dec 1, 2017
After a deadly fire in Beijing on November 18, authorities launched a crackdown on unsafe...
by Josh Rudolph | Jul 16, 2015
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Josh Rudolph | Jun 18, 2014
Poet and publisher Shen Haobo was born in 1976 in Taixing, Jiangsu Province. He is a leading...
by Samuel Wade | Dec 12, 2013
For the Tibetan Centre for Human Rights and Democracy’s Banned Expression campaign, Dechen...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods