As part of a government crackdown on ostensible rumors, 31 websites have been shuttered...
by Cindy | Apr 11, 2014
Microblogger Qin Zhihui has confessed to spreading online rumors in the first public trial of a...
by Anne Henochowicz | Sep 9, 2013
The following is reposted from China Copyright and Media with the permission of the author. This collection of three articles denouncing online rumours was published on 23 August in Red Flag Manuscripts. Editorial note:...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China