As part of a government crackdown on ostensible rumors, 31 websites have been shuttered...
by Cindy | Apr 11, 2014
Microblogger Qin Zhihui has confessed to spreading online rumors in the first public trial of a...
by Anne Henochowicz | Sep 9, 2013
The following is reposted from China Copyright and Media with the permission of the author. This collection of three articles denouncing online rumours was published on 23 August in Red Flag Manuscripts. Editorial note:...
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo