The government in Xinjiang has once again banned state employees, Party members, students, and...
by Sophie Beach | Jul 5, 2015
Last week, the Turkish Foreign Ministry expressed “deep concern” to the Chinese...
by Josh Rudolph | Jun 16, 2015
While addressing a meeting of religious representatives in Urumqi on Sunday, Zhang Chunxian, the...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 2, 2014
With Saturday’s fifth anniversary of deadly riots in Urumqi approaching, and amid a steady...
by dwang | Sep 23, 2008
CDT reported in an earlier post that Xinjiang Muslims are facing a security crackdown and fasting restrictions during the holy month of Ramadan. Earlier this month, Radio Free Asia also reported on several Ramadan restrictions...
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo