The government in Xinjiang has once again banned state employees, Party members, students, and...
by Sophie Beach | Jul 5, 2015
Last week, the Turkish Foreign Ministry expressed “deep concern” to the Chinese...
by Josh Rudolph | Jun 16, 2015
While addressing a meeting of religious representatives in Urumqi on Sunday, Zhang Chunxian, the...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 2, 2014
With Saturday’s fifth anniversary of deadly riots in Urumqi approaching, and amid a steady...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods