The government in Xinjiang has once again banned state employees, Party members, students, and...
by Sophie Beach | Jul 5, 2015
Last week, the Turkish Foreign Ministry expressed “deep concern” to the Chinese...
by Josh Rudolph | Jun 16, 2015
While addressing a meeting of religious representatives in Urumqi on Sunday, Zhang Chunxian, the...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 2, 2014
With Saturday’s fifth anniversary of deadly riots in Urumqi approaching, and amid a steady...
CDT in the News
- FT – Chinese censors take aim at former premier Wen Jiabao’s essay
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers