Images of children’s book and cartoon bear Winnie the Pooh have been used to poke fun at...
by Josh Rudolph | Mar 20, 2017
Over the weekend, state broadcaster CCTV aired a segment titled “Beginner’s Mind: the...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 15, 2017
Cartoonist Rebel Pepper comments on the case of Guangxi Normal University Press social media...
by Anne Henochowicz | Jan 12, 2017
How about we tear down your house and assault your family in exchange for a ballpoint pen? To...
by Samuel Wade | Nov 23, 2016
Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg has raised eyebrows with a string of apparent attempts to woo...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”