The Word of the Week comes from the Grass-Mud Horse Lexicon, a glossary of terms created by...
by Josh Rudolph | Jul 14, 2014
The Xi administration’s ongoing drive against Party corruption made its way to the head...
by Sophie Beach | Mar 15, 2009
The International Herald Tribune profiles CCTV anchor Rui Chenggang, who made waves a couple of years ago when he protested Starbucks operating in the Forbidden City. From the IHT profile: His nightly financial news program...
by Wu Nan | Sep 24, 2007
From Hong Wang, translated by CDT: The Forbidden City‘s Jiuqing Chaofang has once again been connected to coffee, as a new cafe has opened at the former site of Starbucks cafe. Seven years ago, when the American Starbucks company opened its coffee shop here, Jiuqing Chaofang became famous. Two months after Starbucks left, the Forbidden […]
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo