The city of San Francisco has released a report which contradicts a coroner’s findings that...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 6, 2014
The Associated Press reports that the man arrested for an arson attack on the Chinese consulate in...
by Sophie Beach | Jul 7, 2013
Saturday’s crash of a Boeing 777 at San Francisco International Airport had two fatalities, both of whom were high school students from Jiangshan, Zhejiang Province. The girls were planning to study English in a camp in...
by Scott Greene | Dec 13, 2012
One of America’s largest property developers has secured $1.7 billion of financing from a Chinese bank to build two San Francisco housing projects, but on the condition that a Chinese state-owned construction company have...
by Sophie Beach | Jul 11, 2011
The heavily-traveled Bay Bridge, which connects San Francisco to the East Bay, is going to contain a section constructed in and shipped from China. The construction has now been completed and is currently being loaded onto a...
by Kate Zhao | Apr 9, 2008
Update 2: From BBC: Confusion has marked the start of the only North American leg of the Olympic torch relay, as its route was diverted to avoid thousands of protesters. Crowds of pro-Tibetan and pro-Beijing demonstrators are on...
by Sophie Beach | Apr 12, 2005
From AP, via the San Jose Mercury News: Chinese immigrant workers marched through the streets of downtown San Francisco on Tuesday, shouting slogans and waving signs to protest the loss of garment jobs they say are being outsourced to China. Former employees of San Francisco-based apparel maker Nova Knits Inc. claim they were laid off […]
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”