The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Samuel Wade | Sep 15, 2015
Last week, authorities closed the defamation case against journalist Liu Hu, who was detained for...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 27, 2015
South China Morning Post’s Keira Lu Huang reports the investigation of two senior officials...
by Grace | May 1, 2015
At The Wall Street Journal, Te-Ping Chen reports that Chinese media regulators have revoked...
by Sophie Beach | Mar 30, 2015
Since Xi Jinping came to power in 2012, a number of high-profile journalists and government...
by Sophie Beach | Jan 25, 2015
With an official investigation into 21st Century Business Herald, and the detention of its...
CDT in the News
- VOA – China Media Directives Reveal Granular Detail of State Censorship
- The Jamestown Foundation – Early Warning Brief: Factional Strife Intensifies as Xi Strives to Consolidate Power
- Politico – China’s crypto ban fuels new U.S. wedge issue
- RFA – Meng Wanzhou Arrest, Return Used as Patriotic Talking Point in Chinese Schools
- Colombo Gazette – Digital autocracy in China: An appraisal