On March 14, 2014, lawyer and rights activist Cao Shunli died after being denied medical treatment...
withheld medical treatment
by Samuel Wade | Mar 13, 2019
Late last month, rights lawyer Jiang Tianyong went missing after his release from prison, where he...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 29, 2017
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 26, 2017
Chris Buckley and Austin Ramzy report on the hospitalization of imprisoned Nobel Peace Prize...
by Grace | Aug 6, 2015
The Associated Press’ Christopher Bodeen provides an update on journalist Gao Yu’s...
by Samuel Wade | May 19, 2014
Rights lawyers Tang Jingling and Liu Shihui are among the latest to be detained as the government...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods