At China’s recently held fifth annual World Internet Conference in Wuzhen, tech companies...
by Josh Rudolph | Nov 7, 2018
The following propaganda instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Anne Henochowicz | Dec 9, 2015
The second World Internet Conference begins next week in the picturesque canal city of...
by Sophie Beach | Jun 10, 2013
For Salon, Jonathan Kalb reports on the Wuzhen Festival, a new international theater festival being launched in a canal town in Zhejiang: In a brand new, eye-popping, $67 million, 1135-seat Grand Theater designed by the renowned...
by Sophie Beach | Jul 26, 2009
Traditional buildings in Wuzhen, Zhejiang, by HKmPUA
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”