November 8, 2013 6:19 AM
Beijing black jails corruption defending rights detention dissidents documentaries forced demolitions foreigners in China illegal detentions legal reform local government local officials local power migrant workers police police violence prison abuse protests rape re-education through labor Shandong shangfang social unrest stability maintenance surveillance torture Uyghurs Xu Zhiyong Yu Jianrong
July 20, 2013 10:37 PM
Xinhua reports that police are holding a man in connection with Wednesday’s explosions outside a Party building in Shanxi: A 41-year-old
Despite talks to abolish China’s re-education through labor or laojiao system, Xi Jinping’s attempt at reform has been met
November 7, 2013 7:23 PM
South China Morning Post’s Patrick Boehler reports that real estate tycoon and social media “Big V” Pan Shiyi has become a
November 6, 2013 4:14 PM
- China’s Turn Against Law
- The Plight of China’s Petitioners
- After Beijing Suicide Bid, Petitioners Detain...
- Airport Bomber Wins Praise, Reinvestigation
- Online Petition Site Sees Shaky Debut
- Xiamen’s Bus Arsonist: the Unlikely Mar...
- Obama, Minister of China Petitions?
- New Mental Health Law Comes Into Effect
- Rape Cases Reveal Institutional Problems
- Petitioners’ Last Hope: Foreign News Me...
- A Day in the Life of a Beijing ‘Black G...
- China’s Black Jail Industry
- Urban Stability: Treating the Symptoms
- Ten Imprisoned for Illegally Detaining Petiti...
- Chang Ping on Media Censorship and Its Future
- Re-education Through Labor To Be “Aboli...
- Breaking the Cycle of Petition and Intercepti...
- China Denies Black Jail Sentencing