August 13, 2015 2:15 PM
1989 protests air pollution anti-Japan protests badiucao Beijing CCP CCTV censorship Dalai Lama democracy Deng Xiaoping diaoyu islands Drawing the News environmental activism environmental protests forced demolitions freedom of expression government corruption Great Firewall hexie farm history Hong Kong Hong Kong democracy hong kong elections industrial pollution Internet censorship June 4th Mao Zedong military New Citizens Movement Occupy Central political cartoons political humor pollution PRC history propaganda prostitution public opinion re-education through labor rights lawyers rule of law sex Taiwan Tiananmen Square Tibet weibo Xi anti-corruption campaign Xi Jinping Xu Zhiyong Zhou Yongkang
August 22, 2014 1:36 PM
Rebel Pepper responds to Wednesday’s explosion at a Tianjin port warehouse by reimagining the board game Monopoly with a Chinese twist:
Cartoonist Rebel Pepper comments on the recent police round-up of more than 100 lawyers and human rights activists, dozens of whom remain in police
July 13, 2015 7:26 PM
“As soon as Daddy died they kicked me out. That bastard steamed bun!” weeps Li Xiaolin in Rebel Pepper’s cartoon. Li, daughter of former premier
June 9, 2015 11:49 AM
- Drawing the News: Human Cranes
- Drawing the News: Sensitive Numbers
- Rebel Pepper Struggles to Survive in Japan
- Still in Japan, Cartoonist Rebel Pepper Seeks...
- Drawing the News: The PX Equation
- Drawing the News: The Shared Fate of the Pigs...
- Rebel Pepper: Honoring Constitution Day
- Drawing the News: Another Brick in the Firewa...
- Drawing the News: Xi Jinping and Zhou Xiaopin...
- Drawing the News: Exploratory Error
- Drawing the News: HK Suffrage, Macau Election
- Drawing the News: Junxun Brawl, HK, Chen on I...
- Cartoon on HK Counter-Protests by “Trai...
- Drawing the News: Sweeping Yellow Under the R...
- Drawing the News: The Right to Remain Silent
- Drawing the News: Xi Jinping Orders Lunch
- Drawing the News: Birthday Season
- These Smoggy Days Are Yours and Mine