May 12, 2015 4:40 PM
air pollution anti-Japan protests apec badiucao Beijing CCP CCTV censorship democracy Deng Xiaoping diaoyu islands Drawing the News environmental activism environmental protests forced demolitions Gary Locke government corruption Great Firewall hexie farm history Hong Kong Hong Kong democracy hong kong elections industrial pollution Internet censorship June 4th Liaoning macau Mao Zedong military New Citizens Movement Occupy Central political cartoons political humor pollution propaganda prostitution public opinion re-education through labor rule of law sex Taiwan Tiananmen Square Tibet weibo Xiamen PX Xi anti-corruption campaign Xi Jinping Xu Zhiyong Zhou Yongkang
August 22, 2014 1:36 PM
Wang Liming, the political cartoonist known as Rebel Pepper (变态辣椒), went to visit Japan last summer, and has not returned to China since.
Following an explosion at a chemical plant in Fujian, cartoonist Rebel Pepper has translated concerns over industrial safety in China into a math
April 7, 2015 10:32 AM
Chai Jing’s documentary about China’s air pollution, “Under the Dome,” went viral over the weekend, tallying over 100 million views
March 2, 2015 1:01 PM
- Rebel Pepper: Honoring Constitution Day
- Drawing the News: Another Brick in the Firewa...
- Drawing the News: Xi Jinping and Zhou Xiaopin...
- Drawing the News: Exploratory Error
- Drawing the News: HK Suffrage, Macau Election
- Drawing the News: Junxun Brawl, HK, Chen on I...
- Cartoon on HK Counter-Protests by “Trai...
- Drawing the News: Sweeping Yellow Under the R...
- Drawing the News: The Right to Remain Silent
- Drawing the News: Xi Jinping Orders Lunch
- Drawing the News: Birthday Season
- These Smoggy Days Are Yours and Mine
- Drawing the News: Photoshop Failure and More
- Drawing the News: Rebel Pepper, Xia Yeliang
- Drawing the News: Advantage Beijing Air
- Drawing the News: Evil Kungfu Panda and More
- Carrefour Cozies Up to the Party