March 2, 2015 1:01 PM
air pollution anti-Japan protests apec badiucao Beijing CCP CCTV censorship constitution democracy Deng Xiaoping diaoyu islands Drawing the News environmental activism forced demolitions Gary Locke Great Firewall hexie farm history Hong Kong Hong Kong democracy hong kong elections Internet censorship June 4th Liaoning macau Mao Zedong military New Citizens Movement Occupy Central official corruption Peking University political cartoons political humor pollution propaganda prostitution public opinion re-education through labor River Crabbed rule of law sex Taiwan Tiananmen Square Tibet weibo Xi anti-corruption campaign Xi Jinping Xu Zhiyong Zhou Yongkang
August 22, 2014 1:36 PM
Chai Jing’s documentary about China’s air pollution, “Under the Dome,” went viral over the weekend, tallying over 100 million views
Rebel Pepper (变态辣椒) marks China’s first Constitution Day with a drawing depicting President Xi Jinping with a Pinocchio-like
December 4, 2014 11:25 PM
Beijing has been quieted down in preparation for this week’s APEC summit. Students got an extra holiday, workers were sent home and encouraged
November 7, 2014 12:57 PM
- Drawing the News: Xi Jinping and Zhou Xiaopin...
- Drawing the News: Exploratory Error
- Drawing the News: HK Suffrage, Macau Election
- Drawing the News: Junxun Brawl, HK, Chen on I...
- Cartoon on HK Counter-Protests by “Trai...
- Drawing the News: Sweeping Yellow Under the R...
- Drawing the News: The Right to Remain Silent
- Drawing the News: Xi Jinping Orders Lunch
- Drawing the News: Birthday Season
- These Smoggy Days Are Yours and Mine
- Drawing the News: Photoshop Failure and More
- Drawing the News: Rebel Pepper, Xia Yeliang
- Drawing the News: Advantage Beijing Air
- Drawing the News: Evil Kungfu Panda and More
- Carrefour Cozies Up to the Party