On October 12, the CCP Central Committee adopted the Chinese Communist Party Standards on...
by Samuel Wade | Mar 5, 2014
As the annual “Two Sessions” of China’s National People’s Congress and the...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 17, 2013
Tuesday marked the 100th anniversary of the birth of Xi Zhongxun, father of current president Xi...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 13, 2013
Following a freeze on construction of new government buildings aimed at reining in embarrassingly...
by Scott Greene | May 13, 2013
The People’s Daily, which building its own new headquarters in Beijing, published an editorial on Monday which criticized local governments for spending public funds on luxurious offices. From Patrick Boehler of the South...
by Scott Greene | Apr 23, 2013
Reuters reports that a new directive from president Xi Jinping, aimed at boosting morale within the People’s Liberation Army, will require top military officers to spend two weeks as junior soldiers every few years: Under...
CDT in the News
- Human Rights Watch – Chinese Cyber Legend Vanishes, Raising Concerns
- PRI The World – Front row seat at China’s 100th anniversary celebrations
- Mind Matters – Chinese Communist Party: 100 Years of Erasing, Rewriting History
- The Jamestown Foundation – The 2021 Party History Study Campaign Stresses Revolution and Sacrifice
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’