On October 12, the CCP Central Committee adopted the Chinese Communist Party Standards on...
by Samuel Wade | Mar 5, 2014
As the annual “Two Sessions” of China’s National People’s Congress and the...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 17, 2013
Tuesday marked the 100th anniversary of the birth of Xi Zhongxun, father of current president Xi...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 13, 2013
Following a freeze on construction of new government buildings aimed at reining in embarrassingly...
by Scott Greene | May 13, 2013
The People’s Daily, which building its own new headquarters in Beijing, published an editorial on Monday which criticized local governments for spending public funds on luxurious offices. From Patrick Boehler of the South...
by Scott Greene | Apr 23, 2013
Reuters reports that a new directive from president Xi Jinping, aimed at boosting morale within the People’s Liberation Army, will require top military officers to spend two weeks as junior soldiers every few years: Under...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods