The Word of the Week comes from the Grass-Mud Horse Lexicon, a glossary of terms created by...
by Anne Henochowicz | Dec 16, 2014
China is becoming increasingly assertive in controlling its Internet borders. At the World...
by Josh Rudolph | Feb 9, 2014
News on China’s Internet is restricted by a constant flow of directives from central government agencies, and China’s legions of website editors bear the heavy responsibility of making sure those directives are...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods