The Word of the Week comes from the Grass-Mud Horse Lexicon, a glossary of terms created by...
by Anne Henochowicz | Dec 16, 2014
China is becoming increasingly assertive in controlling its Internet borders. At the World...
by Josh Rudolph | Feb 9, 2014
News on China’s Internet is restricted by a constant flow of directives from central government agencies, and China’s legions of website editors bear the heavy responsibility of making sure those directives are...
by Scott Greene | Mar 18, 2013
After an annual CCTV program last Friday criticized Apple for charging Chinese customers a fee to replace the back cover of iPhones, a service offered free of charge in other countries, netizens took to Sina Weibo to discuss the...
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo