The AP reports on the apprehension and extradition of an alleged Chinese ivory smuggler in Kenya...
by Claire Kells | Sep 23, 2008
The New York Times reports on the success of langur monkey conservation in the Nongguan Nature Reserve in Chongzuo, Guangxi Province: As the langurs traverse a towering karst peak in a setting out of a Chinese landscape...
by Zhaohua Li | Aug 23, 2007
One of China’s more prolific columnists details for China Dialogue the sundry ways in which Chinese officials waste money that might otherwise be spent protecting the environment: In the past few years China’s central government has begun promoting the concept of a “conserving society”. But this should not just be an economic concept; it should […]
by Sophie Beach | Oct 7, 2005
From the San Francisco Chronicle: As the United States and other major nations face an increasingly costly struggle for energy supplies and consensus grows that global climate change is a serious problem, government officials from Washington to Beijing are increasingly looking to California for solutions… California’s influence is especially felt in China, the world’s fastest-growing […]
by Sophie Beach | May 19, 2005
From the San Francisco Chronicle: The Beijing and Shishou David’s Deer Reintroduction Project is one of five groups slated to be feted today at the first China Wildlife Conservation Awards, a milestone in improving relations between environmentalists and Chinese authorities, according to Steve Trent, president of San Francisco- based WildAid… WildAid and the China Environmental […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods