On Monday, the Hong Kong government announced a 14-day extension on disease control restrictions including a ban on public gatherings of more than four people. The extension is backed by medical experts to safeguard the...
by Josh Rudolph | Mar 2, 2018
The Word of the Week comes from the Grass-Mud Horse Lexicon, a glossary of terms created by...
by Josh Rudolph | Feb 28, 2018
On February 25, state media announced proposed amendments to the national Constitution, among them...
by Josh Rudolph | Feb 26, 2018
Sensitive Words highlights keywords that are blocked from Sina Weibo search results. CDT...
by Grace | Jan 20, 2018
President Xi Jinping’s political thought will be officially incorporated into the state...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods