On Monday, the Hong Kong government announced a 14-day extension on disease control restrictions including a ban on public gatherings of more than four people. The extension is backed by medical experts to safeguard the...
by Josh Rudolph | Mar 2, 2018
The Word of the Week comes from the Grass-Mud Horse Lexicon, a glossary of terms created by...
by Josh Rudolph | Feb 28, 2018
On February 25, state media announced proposed amendments to the national Constitution, among them...
by Josh Rudolph | Feb 26, 2018
Sensitive Words highlights keywords that are blocked from Sina Weibo search results. CDT...
by Cindy | Jan 20, 2018
President Xi Jinping’s political thought will be officially incorporated into the state...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China