The Australian Financial Review’s Phillip Cooley reports on discussions between Australia,...
by Josh Rudolph | Aug 19, 2016
Since 2009, over 140 Tibetans have self-immolated in protest as authorities have tightened...
by Josh Rudolph | Mar 27, 2015
An International Monetary Fund (IMF) working paper on fiscal policy and income inequality in China...
by Natalie Ornell | Nov 2, 2013
Marketplace’s China correspondent Rob Schmitz reunites with friends and former students he met...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 4, 2013
South China Morning Post’s Tom Holland suggests that Beijing’s faith in urbanization as an economic engine may be misplaced: Urbanisation is not just the centrepiece of new Premier Li Keqiang’s economic...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China