The Australian Financial Review’s Phillip Cooley reports on discussions between Australia,...
by Josh Rudolph | Aug 19, 2016
Since 2009, over 140 Tibetans have self-immolated in protest as authorities have tightened...
by Josh Rudolph | Mar 27, 2015
An International Monetary Fund (IMF) working paper on fiscal policy and income inequality in China...
by Natalie Ornell | Nov 2, 2013
Marketplace’s China correspondent Rob Schmitz reunites with friends and former students he met...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 4, 2013
South China Morning Post’s Tom Holland suggests that Beijing’s faith in urbanization as an economic engine may be misplaced: Urbanisation is not just the centrepiece of new Premier Li Keqiang’s economic...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods