Taiwan’s President Tsai Ing-wen was decisively reelected on Saturday in an election that had become a referendum on democratic freedoms and Taiwanese autonomy. Winning 57 percent of the vote against Kuomintang challenger...
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 15, 2016
This week, 45 Taiwanese citizens were deported from Kenya to China after several were acquitted on...
by Josh Rudolph | Mar 20, 2014
As students and activists begin their third day occupying Taiwan’s Legislative...
by Josh Rudolph | Mar 19, 2014
On Tuesday evening, hundreds of students and activists occupied the Legislative Yuan,...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China