Taiwan’s President Tsai Ing-wen was decisively reelected on Saturday in an election that had become a referendum on democratic freedoms and Taiwanese autonomy. Winning 57 percent of the vote against Kuomintang challenger...
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 15, 2016
This week, 45 Taiwanese citizens were deported from Kenya to China after several were acquitted on...
by Josh Rudolph | Mar 20, 2014
As students and activists begin their third day occupying Taiwan’s Legislative...
by Josh Rudolph | Mar 19, 2014
On Tuesday evening, hundreds of students and activists occupied the Legislative Yuan,...
CDT in the News
- Human Rights Watch – Chinese Cyber Legend Vanishes, Raising Concerns
- PRI The World – Front row seat at China’s 100th anniversary celebrations
- Mind Matters – Chinese Communist Party: 100 Years of Erasing, Rewriting History
- The Jamestown Foundation – The 2021 Party History Study Campaign Stresses Revolution and Sacrifice
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’