Taiwan’s President Tsai Ing-wen was decisively reelected on Saturday in an election that had become a referendum on democratic freedoms and Taiwanese autonomy. Winning 57 percent of the vote against Kuomintang challenger...
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 15, 2016
This week, 45 Taiwanese citizens were deported from Kenya to China after several were acquitted on...
by Josh Rudolph | Mar 20, 2014
As students and activists begin their third day occupying Taiwan’s Legislative...
by Josh Rudolph | Mar 19, 2014
On Tuesday evening, hundreds of students and activists occupied the Legislative Yuan,...
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo