Following the results of a long and controversial U.S. election campaign that was watched closely...
by Samuel Wade | Sep 26, 2016
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Sophie Beach | Feb 25, 2015
Following legal activist Chen Guangcheng’s escape from house arrest and subsequent stay in...
by Sophie Beach | Jan 25, 2013
At his Senate confirmation hearings, John Kerry, who is expected to be confirmed as U.S. Secretary of State, outlined his expectations for the U.S.-China relationship, acknowledging that while problems persist, he hopes to see...
by Anne Henochowicz | Jan 22, 2013
From the Censorship Vault features previously untranslated censorship instructions from the archives of the CDT series Directives from the Ministry of Truth (真理部指令). QuanzhouNet: Provincial Propaganda Notice Carry only domestic...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods