Following the results of a long and controversial U.S. election campaign that was watched closely...
by Samuel Wade | Sep 26, 2016
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Sophie Beach | Feb 25, 2015
Following legal activist Chen Guangcheng’s escape from house arrest and subsequent stay in...
by Sophie Beach | Jan 25, 2013
At his Senate confirmation hearings, John Kerry, who is expected to be confirmed as U.S. Secretary of State, outlined his expectations for the U.S.-China relationship, acknowledging that while problems persist, he hopes to see...
by Anne Henochowicz | Jan 22, 2013
From the Censorship Vault features previously untranslated censorship instructions from the archives of the CDT series Directives from the Ministry of Truth (真理部指令). QuanzhouNet: Provincial Propaganda Notice Carry only domestic...
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions