This year marks the 30th anniversary of the nationwide, student-led democracy movement in China,...
by Xiao Qiang | Sep 14, 2017
CDT cannot verify any information presented by Guo Wengui. For the past six months, from his $67...
by Anne Henochowicz | Feb 29, 2016
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Sophie Beach | Aug 10, 2015
The annual confab of China’s top leadership at the Beidaihe seaside resort is always...
by Anne Henochowicz | Feb 25, 2015
As of February 23, the following search terms are blocked on Weibo (not including the “search for...
by Josh Rudolph | Jan 29, 2015
As of January 29, the following search terms are blocked on Weibo (not including the “search for...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods