This year marks the 30th anniversary of the nationwide, student-led democracy movement in China,...
by Xiao Qiang | Sep 14, 2017
CDT cannot verify any information presented by Guo Wengui. For the past six months, from his $67...
by Anne Henochowicz | Feb 29, 2016
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Sophie Beach | Aug 10, 2015
The annual confab of China’s top leadership at the Beidaihe seaside resort is always...
by Anne Henochowicz | Feb 25, 2015
As of February 23, the following search terms are blocked on Weibo (not including the “search for...
by Josh Rudolph | Jan 29, 2015
As of January 29, the following search terms are blocked on Weibo (not including the “search for...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms