Sensitive Words highlights keywords that are blocked from Sina Weibo search results. CDT...
Kim Jong Un
by Samuel Wade | Nov 12, 2015
At Reuters, Michelle Nichols reports the continuation of China’s longstanding practice of...
by Josh Rudolph | Feb 18, 2014
After a year-long investigation, a United Nations panel handed a report to the UN Human Rights...
by Josh Rudolph | Jan 29, 2014
Last week, NK News reported that the number of Chinese work visas granted to North Koreans last...
by Melissa M. Chan | Jan 27, 2013
CDT previously reported on the recent “Directive From the Ministry of Truth” that sent out instructions to Chinese journalists to stop reporting on the personal lives of North Korean leaders, with a particular emphasis on Kim...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods