Ma Jian, China’s former vice minister of state security, has been sentenced to life in...
ma jian corruption case
by Josh Rudolph | May 19, 2017
Guo Wengui (aka Miles Kwok), a Chinese billionaire with suspected ties to China’s...
by Josh Rudolph | May 15, 2017
Chinese billionaire Guo Wengui, who has suspected ties to China’s intelligence apparatus and is...
by Sophie Beach | Apr 15, 2015
Last month, Caixin magazine and its editor-in-chief Hu Shuli announced that they would file a...
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 1, 2015
Amid the row between Caixin Media founding editor Hu Shuli and the controlling shareholder of...
by Grace | Mar 31, 2015
Several Chinese media outlets have accused real estate developer Guo Wengui of having conspired...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods