Following the detention of the president of a campus Marxist group at Peking University (PKU) and...
by Josh Rudolph | Dec 26, 2018
Qiu Zhanxuan, a leading Marxist student activist at Peking University (PKU), has reportedly been...
by Josh Rudolph | Feb 10, 2017
A “Christian theme park” in Hunan, the home province of Mao Zedong, is drawing intense...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 24, 2014
A number of recent articles highlight alternatives to China’s mainstream society and values....
by Josh Rudolph | May 16, 2013
Mao Yushi, the 84-year-old economist who last year won the Cato Institute’s Milton Freedom Prize for Advancing Liberty, is a prominent voice on one side of China’s ideological gulf — his free-market advocacy...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods