Following the detention of the president of a campus Marxist group at Peking University (PKU) and...
by Josh Rudolph | Dec 26, 2018
Qiu Zhanxuan, a leading Marxist student activist at Peking University (PKU), has reportedly been...
by Josh Rudolph | Feb 10, 2017
A “Christian theme park” in Hunan, the home province of Mao Zedong, is drawing intense...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 24, 2014
A number of recent articles highlight alternatives to China’s mainstream society and values....
by Josh Rudolph | May 16, 2013
Mao Yushi, the 84-year-old economist who last year won the Cato Institute’s Milton Freedom Prize for Advancing Liberty, is a prominent voice on one side of China’s ideological gulf — his free-market advocacy...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China