Late last week, Bloomberg’s Jordan Robertson and Michael Riley published stunning claims...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 10, 2015
Last month, the censorship monitoring and circumvention project GreatFire.org was the target of...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 13, 2014
Since former NSA contractor Edward Snowden leaked his trove of U.S. surveillance secrets last...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 8, 2014
While the U.S.’ recent indictments against five alleged PLA hackers targeted the human side of...
by Samuel Wade | Mar 12, 2014
Google’s global move toward encrypting search by default, which began last month, was...
by Anne Henochowicz | Jun 20, 2013
Correction: The first directive originally mentioned “Snowden’s betrayal of the CIA.” “CIA” has been changed to “NSA.” The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods