July 12, 2015 7:11 AM
1989 protests 2008 Sichuan earthquake activists air pollution Ai Weiwei Beijing Bo Xilai CCP censorship Chen Guangcheng Chongqing corruption Dalai Lama dissidents food safety freedom of expression Great Firewall Guangdong history Hu Jintao Internet censorship Internet culture Japan Japan relations journalism June 4th Liu Xiaobo Mao Zedong media censorship military one-child policy online public opinion political prisoners political reform press freedom propaganda protests Shanghai sina weibo terrorism Tiananmen Square Tibet Tibet protests U.S. relations Uyghurs water pollution weibo Wen Jiabao Xi Jinping Xinjiang
July 7, 2015 8:54 PM
Badiucao has drawn portraits of eight of the dozens of human rights lawyers and activists who were rounded up by police on July 10, which some netizens
“As soon as Daddy died they kicked me out. That bastard steamed bun!” weeps Li Xiaolin in Rebel Pepper’s cartoon. Li, daughter of former premier
June 9, 2015 11:49 AM
Eight days after the Oriental Star cruise ship capsized in the Yangtze River, there are only 14 known survivors. Another body was recovered yesterday,
June 8, 2015 2:15 PM
- Badiucao (巴丢草): The United Front
- Still in Japan, Cartoonist Rebel Pepper Seeks...
- Badiucao (巴丢草): Free Gao Yu
- Cartoonist Badiucao Targeted in Twitter Smear...
- Drawing the News: Bi Fujian’s Last Supper
- Drawing the News: The PX Equation
- Drawing the News: Hu Shuli vs. Guo Wengui
- Badiucao (巴丢草): Little Red App
- Badiucao (巴丢草): Free the Five
- Badiucao (巴丢草): Problem Solved
- Police Shadow Journalists’ Charlie Hebdo Gath...
- Drawing the News: Wo Shi Chali (Je Suis Charl...
- Rebel Pepper: Honoring Constitution Day
- Badiucao (巴丢草): World Internet Conference
- Drawing the News: A Fat Fly’s Appetite
- Drawing the News: Another Brick in the Firewa...
- Badiucao (巴丢草)：The Thorn in Xi Jinping’...
- Drawing the News: Xi Jinping and Zhou Xiaopin...