Last week, Tibetan activist Tashi Wangchuk was tried in Yushu Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture,...
by Sophie Beach | Jan 2, 2018
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Sophie Beach | Dec 18, 2017
Artist Hua Yong was briefly detained in Tianjin over the weekend after producing a series of...
by Josh Rudolph | Mar 20, 2017
Over the weekend, state broadcaster CCTV aired a segment titled “Beginner’s Mind: the...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 15, 2017
Cartoonist Rebel Pepper comments on the case of Guangxi Normal University Press social media...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China