Last week, Tibetan activist Tashi Wangchuk was tried in Yushu Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture,...
by Sophie Beach | Jan 2, 2018
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Sophie Beach | Dec 18, 2017
Artist Hua Yong was briefly detained in Tianjin over the weekend after producing a series of...
by Josh Rudolph | Mar 20, 2017
Over the weekend, state broadcaster CCTV aired a segment titled “Beginner’s Mind: the...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 15, 2017
Cartoonist Rebel Pepper comments on the case of Guangxi Normal University Press social media...
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions