After months of mounting scrutiny of American companies’ involvement with Chinese AI and surveillance technology, and particularly its deployment in Xinjiang, the spotlight has returned to Google with renewed pressure over its AI research partnerships. “Billionaire Tech Investor Peter Thiel...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 19, 2019
Last year, leaked plans for “Project Dragonfly,” a China-focused Google search...
by Samuel Wade | Sep 14, 2018
The ability to persistently link people’s identities and activities is a core theme of China’s...
by Cindy | Aug 11, 2018
Google’s controversial plan to relaunch a censored search engine in China–one that...
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo